The Essentials of Academic Advising @ HKU
Date: October 13, 2021 (Wednesday)
Time: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Venue: Conducted via ZOOM
Who is it for?
This online workshop is designed for academic and academic-related staff who support and advise students in learning:
- Colleagues who have been newly appointed to academic advising responsibilities
- Serving academic advisers who wish to have an update on the advising system and resources
- New colleagues who want to know the support system in place for students in need, whether or not they are formally assigned the role as academic adviser
What is its aim?
The workshop aims to provide participants the “must-know” information of the University Academic Advising System and facilitate their advising work through experience sharing and demonstration of resources.
Part 1 and 2
- Academic Advising @ HKU and General Approach to Advising – Ms. Rachel Hong, Head, AASO
- Lessons from Ten Years of Advising – Dr. Matthias Buehlmaier, Faculty Academic Adviser, HKU Business School
- SIS Advising System and Web Resources – Mr. Nelson Chau, Administrative Assistant, AASO